Dover School District - COVID-19 Information
The Dover School District is closely monitoring the current novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and district leaders are in constant communication with state public health agencies to learn from and closely follow their recommendations.
This is a rapidly changing situation and we will stay in contact with state and federal authorities for the latest information.
In the meantime, we encourage faculty, staff and students to continue to be vigilant in preventing the spread of illness.
To reduce the risk of spreading virus infection, the CDC recommends taking precautionary measures that include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based (at least 60% alcohol) hand sanitizer.
- It is especially important to clean hands after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home and avoid public places when sick (i.e. social distancing).
- Avoid being within 6 feet (close contact) of a person who is sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing. Then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid sharing drinks, smoking/vaping devices, or other utensils or objects that may transmit saliva.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Get a flu vaccine.
Additional information about coronavirus, including signs and symptoms, transmission and risk of exposure, what to do if you are exhibiting symptoms, and continuing updates about the disease are available at:
- The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: www.cdc.gov
- New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services: www.dhhs.nh.gov
- This NH Health Alert Network (HAN) message contains key points and recommendations, situational update, background information, and reporting requirements on this important health topic.
- Travel information related to Coronavirus
- COVID-19 NHDHHS: Frequently Asked Questions
- Updated Coronavirus (COVID-19) Tracker: John Hopkins University
- CDC Know the facts about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and help stop the spread of rumors
- World Health Organization (WHO): Coronavirus Topic
At this point the Dover School District is monitoring the situation very closely. Additional communications will be forthcoming if necessary.